To ensure we meet our commitments we have developed and operate an Environmental Management System as part of our Integrated Management System. Our Environmental Management System is accredited to ISO 14001: 2004.
We will use the guidance set out in ISO14001:2004 to help guide our activities and to help us to continually improve our environmental performance and reduce our environmental impact.
We have developed and implemented structures and arrangements to ensure that Acorn Group is at the forefront of industry best practice in the management of environmental impacts.
Acorn Group will ensure that the business meets best practice standards wherever possible, and minimum requirements in all other aspects, set by the environmental law in this country.
Acorn Group (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to the provision of arboricultural services.
It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation